Via www.Windowsobserver.com the news reached us that Tweetium has been released in the Store. Tweetium is not just another twitter client. It is a unique experience that is true to the Metro principle. This is what the official Twitter app should have been as far as I am concerned.
I have been beta testing the app just this week, and now that it is in the Store, I promptly paid $3.00 for it. Worth every cent of my money. I have been looking for a stable Twitter client that is full featured, and Tweetium answers that. If you remembered the original Microsoft’s reference Twitter app for Windows 8 Developer Preview called Tweet@rama, then you’ll know how Tweetium looks and works. Only where Tweet@rama stopped, Tweetium went a galaxy further. This app boasts theming, multi-screen, graphic Profile Lookup and full lists support amongst others, you can pin your fav Lists to the Header bar that is accessible in both full and snapped mode. And yes, the app is Windows 8.1 ready.
I don’t think I can describe this App like Brandon himself does in the Store as follows:
Tweetium is the premium Windows 8 Twitter client you’ve been waiting for. It’s slick. It’s fast. This first release has been designed with ample feedback from serious Twitter users, with the goal of helping you get the most out of Twitter on Windows desktops, laptops, and tablets.
Tweetium is a brand new app designed and developed by the maker of the critically acclaimed Newseen.
- Modern flow layout combines the best of information density and rich media
- Flexible design adjusts to portrait, snap, and all manor of window sizes
- Smart streaming-based feed with robust connectivity and suspend/resume handling. No more manual refreshing!
- Post new tweets with fast username auto-complete.
- Photo upload support – including pasting image data and files directly into the tweet composer!
- View lists you’ve created and subscribed to, and pin favorites to the navigation bar for easy access.
- Search for users and tweets
- Rich embedding of several third-party media types
- Powerful conversation and DM support with a rich, streaming-based conversation view.
- Multi-window support – Open multiple full instances, or break out specific tabs.
- Over a dozen color schemes, choose your favorite!
- Automatic roaming of color scheme, pinned lists, and read states.
- Much more to come very soon!
Now, don’t get me wrong, there is still work going on as we speak on the app, for example, Notification and Live-Tile are still work-in-progress. Also the App is not yet multi-Profile enabled. But at this stage, the app is very useful. I hope you’ll come to the same conclusion.
Unfortunately, there is no trial mode for the app. I guess that shows the Dev’s confidence that this is going to be a killer app in no time that the app will sell itself. I paid for it, so that should tell you something. Go ahead and download now in the Store via the source link below.