Microsoft has temporarily pulled this app in the Store given the complaints a lot of people are having with its usage at the moment. Please try later on if you can’t find it in the Store.]
Via @WinObs and Mary Jo Foley it came to our knowledge today that Microsoft has just released a companion app for their technology. The intention of the App is to be a single-point-of-News for everything Microsoft. Therefore the app is not only available on Windows, it is as well available for Windows Phone, Android and Apple platforms. There is news that the App is proving unstable for now on Windows 8, lets hope they fix it quickly.
Following is the details about the app in the Store:
The Microsoft Tech Companion app brings you the latest news on products, features, and upcoming events, virtually anywhere. Customize feeds to surface the content that matter most to you. Search for answers from a consolidated database of Microsoft content.
- Access news and topics from virtually anywhere using either your Phone or Tablet.
- Stay up-to-date with news and events that interest you:
- Customizable feeds – Define feeds around products, terms, features, and functions. Turn them into live tiles that alert you with updates and customize the tiles with a splash of color
- Bookmarks – Save a specific news topic, library article or blog in the application to easily find it again in the future (and be alerted when it has been updated)
- Streaming news – Microsoft news, events, you name it; it all streams to the app’s news reader
- Always with you – Sign in with your Microsoft ID and your settings will sync to every device installed with the app
- Search Microsoft all at once:
- Search through blogs, wikis, and library topics
- Filter results by source and/or product and version
- Save your searches for future reference
- Stay up-to-date on a specific subject that interests you. Turn your searches into custom feeds
- Share content with friends and colleagues
Curious? Download the app now from the Windows Store via the following App link: