For those of you fans of XBMC Media Player you’ve got something juicy in the Store. The XBMC Remote+ App hit the Store yesterday, but due to the whirlwind generated by my Surface Ads post, I wasn’t able to give the store much attention. Anyway, this is something for your HTPC device, you can control XBMC Library from this App, I guess you can compare it to Microsoft SmartGlass controlling XBox devices remotely. Ashterisk Apps gave the following description from the Store:
Browse and control your entire XBMC media collection from your windows 8 tablet.
From the developer of most popular XBMC Remote for windows phone 7, here comes XBMC Remote + for windows 8. XBMC Remote+ is an application built from ground up let you experience your XBMC media library remotely and then play it on your main display. You can browse your entire catalog while a movie or music might be playing on the TV. It’s especially useful when you TV is turned off and you want to select Audio Albums and queue them to play on the audio receiver.
1. Ability to browse your video, music and TV show library from your phone.
2. Able to select and view details of movies and music albums before selecting.
3. Sort by album, artist, or a song and play or queue.
4. Currently playing media information is easily accessible from top appbar.
5. Music library lets you pivot on Albums, Artists, and Songs
6. Ability to add and manager multiple XBMC server from single application.
7. View movies by genre, released year
8. Recently added movies/episodes
Remote access to entire catalog
Too bad I am a Mediacenter junkie, else this would have been in my collection, who knows, maybe in future since MS killed MCE. But you the phans don’t let me put a dumper on your party. You go ahead now and have one on me via this link: http://apps.microsoft.com/webpdp/app/00efbddd-6596-4a31-bfeb-9151f1403f62 Maybe you want to come back and let me know how the app performs.
Credits: Microsoft Windows Store.
[Follow me on Twitter for regular Store and Apps News at: @McAkins]