We had a flood of tech news for the week of June 6, 2014! Some include Apple’s WWDC, an interesting OneDrive update, and changes to Xbox LIVE Gold. Continue reading
Microsoft brings Kinectimals to its platform as universal App! We already have Kinectimals on Xbox Live for all the while, now they’ve debuted as Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 Apps. And the best of all, they are downloadable for free! Something for the whole family to enjoy on this Mother’s Day weekend. So guys, go right ahead, download this for our ladies and kids. ;-) Continue reading
Update: The Deal is Officially Over
As part of the weekly red stripe deals, an Xbox title for Windows 8 is downloadable for free from the Windows Store. It is called Rabbits Bing Bang. It’s a puzzle game and worth checking out!.
Here’s the neat part: this game is available in many languages! Here are the languages it supports: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese and Russian. Continue reading
Thanks to Richard Hay from WindowsObserver.com for giving me this Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel in a Giveaway Draw. I unbox this on this video and play Need for Speed Hot Pursuit live on the video!
Can’t watch the video above? Try this link.
Here is an exclusive for you, Project Spark for XBox and Windows 8 is about to go Live! We caught Microsoft with its hands in the proverbial cookie jar as the adage goes. Microsoft sneaked this App for Windows 8 into the Store yesterday while everyone was in the Black-Friday mood. Continue reading
With the introduction of Windows Store gift cards, you can now put money in your Microsoft account balance and use it to get paid apps in games in Windows Store, Windows Phone Store, or the Xbox Store. Well, did you know that Microsoft is giving everyone FREE gift cards? It’s True! All you have to do is use Bing search!
Every time you search on Bing, you will get points. These points rack up, and you can use them to get gift cards that you can use to get paid apps and games from the Windows Store, Windows Phone Store, and Xbox Store (both for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One). You will see various gift cards. But the good news is that redeeming these gift cards puts money in your Microsoft Account that you can use to get apps and games from any and all stores. For example, if you get a Windows Phone gift card, you can use that card for Windows Phone apps or even Xbox One Games. Conversely, you can use your Xbox Gift Card to buy Windows 8 apps! You can also mix and match.
You have to first enable Bing Rewards. Once you do, you will start earning points for searching. If you are a new user, you can do some starter quests to get lots of points quickly.
Please note: If you click the link to bing rewards above, I may get a one-time bonous of some bing points. This post is NOT an advertisement of any sort.
Welcome to McAkins Online Start Page, the perfect place to start exploring McAkins Online! Take a look at the content hubs below, or browse the full catalog on the right. Continue reading
Engage in challenging and fun match-3 gameplay with new unique twists.
- Earn dozens of awards and achievements.
– Choose from over 150 underwater decor items and accessories.
– 8 unique themes.
– Design as many tanks as you like.
Hey, your finned friends are waiting for you – dive in!
- • • Endless play with 150 unique levels + 50 bonus levels (exclusive to the Windows 8 version)
- • • 12 fun 3D fish, each with their own personality
- • • Over 150 underwater decor items in 8 unique themes
- • • Unlimited number of aquariums to design
- • • Dozens of awards and achievements
- • • Use touch or mouse/keyboard controls
- • • 200 Xbox Gamerscore
- • • Watch as your fish interact with each other and with you!
Published: Monday, August 21, 2013
Languages: English (United States), German (Germany), Spanish (Spain), French (France), Russian (Russia), Italian (Italy), Portuguese (Brazil)
Architecture: x86, x64, ARM
Part of our missions at McAkins Online is to help you find useful and fun apps for Windows 8. As part of this mission to help the Windows community, I would like to introduce the Xbox Games for Windows Collections Browser.
Many have commented and wanted to know where they can find collections of all the available Xbox Games for Windows 8 and Windows RT. In fact, there is no way to actually filter Xbox games from regular games on the Windows Store. There is also no way to view the Xbox collection from the web. The only way, to our knowledge, to see the Xbox games collection is through the built-in Games app in Windows 8. However, even this is limited to games available in a particular region. Furthermore, there is no easy way to view this collection if you don’t use Windows 8.
We plan to change that. To that end, I welcome you to our Xbox Games for Windows Collections Browser. This will let you find all the Xbox games for Windows in one place. We want to make it easy for anyone to see which Xbox games are available for Windows. When we discover a new Xbox game arriving on the Windows Store, we will list them in our collection, God Willing. Of course, if we miss one, you can let us know (we will give you a shout-out).
Since this is a new feature, it will take us a few days to get all the current Xbox games listed. Hopefully in the next few days to weeks, we will have a complete list. So if there is a game you are not seeing yet, try returning a few days later and we should have it, God Willing. The Xbox games collection can be accessed directly from the blue menu from the top or by clicking here. Once again, thanks for being a part of this community and we hope you find what we do helpful.
I decided to launch the Xbox Music app today to listen to Yusuf Islam and noticed that something looked different. I am an observant person when it comes to user interfaces Alhamdulillah (Praise to God). Noticing the changes to the UI, I quickly launched the Windows Store to see that an update had indeed occurred. It occurred on August 1, 2013. Maybe the date was intentional by Microsoft to hint at 8.1 (8/1/2013). But anyway, the update makes the UI more consistent with the web version of the app. If you have Windows 8.1, the app should already be up to date. If you are using Windows 8.0, update it from the Windows Store.
Key updates include:
- New artist details—for both the store and your collection—show everything you have from a given artist, along with that artist’s latest albums, most popular songs, and similar artists
- Redesigned the New Albums and Top Music galleries to better emphasize album art
- Improvements to the way collection notifications look when the app is snapped
- Aligned the look and feel of dialogs with other redesigned parts of the app
To see which features are available in your region, go to the Xbox Music feature list at http://support.xbox.com/apps/windows-8/xbox-on-windows-features.
- Epic campaign featuring 25 action packed levels with a brand new Halo story set just before the events of Halo 4.
- Command many of your favorite Halo weapons, vehicles, and armor abilities, and customize your Spartan to create the perfect Spartan warrior.
- Controls built for action and simplicity with virtual joysticks for touch and the added flexibility of keyboard and mouse control.
- Earn XP and unlock Emblems to enhance your Spartan Career in Halo 4.
- Complete weekly challenges for XP and compete against your friends in Leaderboards for ultimate bragging rights
- New high-resolution graphics
- Addictive swipe gameplay
- Gorgeous new fish, including Peacock Bass, Kokanee, Tarpon, and more
- Brand-new lakes and fishing spots
- New legends! Catch Big McLargeHuge, The Swimminator, and Old Salt Hershal!
- True-to-nature birdsongs and sounds of wildlife
- Beat your friends’ high scores
- 20 unlockable achievements
Play cross-platform with users on both Windows 8 and Windows Phone.
Create games with players from around the world, or call out for a game to your friends.In a hurry? Pass and play with a friend or hone your skills by playing against yourself.Earn Xbox achievements and compete against friends for the top position in the leaderboard.Enjoy a skill match? The AlphaJax rating system provides lasting achievement as you progress up the leaderboards and means you are always guaranteed an enjoyable and challenging game.Please note, only English language and dictionary support at present time.
- Play puzzles on-line with friends or against random opponents.
- Earn Xbox achievements and compete against friends for the top position in the leaderboard.
- No need to wait for an opponent; play with a friend next to you, on the Pass & Play game mode.
- Succesful AlphaJaxers earn Elo rating for each victory. Can you reach a rating of 2,000?
- From the Rematch menu, you can start new games with any worthy opponents you played against.
- Learn from your past games by consulting any previously completed games.
Watch the Xbox One reveal highlights here! The Xbox One is an all-in-one entertainment system in that you don’t need to switch inputs to access different content on your TV. Of course, that’s what Microsoft is saying. I am very sure that to play PS4 games, you will definitely need to switch inputs. In all seriousness, the Xbox One plays video games, plays movies, plays Blue-Ray, and can connect to your cable box for watching live TV. Here’s the Xbox One announcement highlights for you to enjoy.
Real pros, real gear, real FUN!
- Endless level design and randomized objects! Endless gameplay!
- Two different, ever-changing environments – The School and The Rooftops
- Play as pro skaters Danny Way, Sean Malto, Lyn-Z Adams Hawkins Pastrana, Christian Hosoi, and Ryan Decenzo!
- Discover hidden signature tricks!
- Upgradable stats to expand gameplay, combos, scores, and performance!
- Discover and master over 25 different grind, grab, spin, and flip tricks with endless combinations!
- Xbox achievements, leaderboards, and Gamerscore!
- New “Bank” feature allows you to push and pull game credit from the cloud, to and from all of your Windows 8 devices!