We had a flood of tech news for the week of June 6, 2014! Some include Apple’s WWDC, an interesting OneDrive update, and changes to Xbox LIVE Gold. Continue reading
Microsoft brings Kinectimals to its platform as universal App! We already have Kinectimals on Xbox Live for all the while, now they’ve debuted as Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 Apps. And the best of all, they are downloadable for free! Something for the whole family to enjoy on this Mother’s Day weekend. So guys, go right ahead, download this for our ladies and kids. ;-) Continue reading
Drive 60 different cars from the world’s most prestigious manufacturers, like Ferrari, Lamborghini and Aston Martin, including the legendary DeLorean.
RACE ACROSS THE GLOBE
Gear up to race on 15 tracks set in real cities around the world, including brand new tracks in Hawaii, Paris, London, Miami and Rio.
CHALLENGE THE WORLD
The completely revamped multiplayer lets you take on up to 5 of your friends locally or online. Keep track of who’s the best with the new Asphalt Tracker that lets you compare stats, show off achievements and challenge rivals. You can also find new online opponents with the matchmaking system. Practice hard, because there are special events that will pit you against the best in the world!
YOUR WAY OR THE HIGHWAY
Play however you please with 6 different game modes packed with 15 leagues and 150 different races.
CUTTING EDGE GRAPHICS
Every car and track is more beautiful than ever thanks to graphics that push the limits of your device.
A RECORD OF SUCCESS
Acclaimed by both media and players, the Asphalt franchise has already attracted several million players worldwide… Come and join the ride!
Visit our official site at http://www.gameloft.com
Follow us on Twitter at http://glft.co/GameloftonTwitter or like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/Gameloft to get more info about all our upcoming titles.
Check out our videos and game trailers on http://www.youtube.com/Gameloft
Discover our blog at http://glft.co/Gameloft_Official_Blog for the inside scoop on everything Gameloft.
If you install this game, you understand and agree that Microsoft may share your User ID and gamertag with the game publisher to enable game features. This game includes multiplayer features with online interactions that are not subject to Xbox LIVE parental settings. These features may include the following interactions with other players online:
• Send and receive game invites;
• Play cooperatively or head-to-head;
• Send and receive in-game text messages;
• Communicate via in-game voice chat.
Please see the publisher’s site http://www.gameloft.com/privacy-notice/windows8/ for information on settings it may enable.
- • 60 cars from prestigious manufacturers, like Ferrari & Lamborghini, including the legendary DeLorean
- • Beautiful graphics that push the limits of your device
- • 15 tracks set in real cities, including brand new tracks in Hawaii, Paris, London, Miami and Rio
- • Revamped online & local multiplayer (up to 6 players) with matchmaking and special events
- • Social Features: The Asphalt Tracker lets you compare stats, share achievements & challenge friends
- • Complete 15 leagues & 150 races in 6 modes! Race for the top spot and leave the rest in your dust!
Published: August, 16, 2013
Languages: English (United States), German, Spanish, Japanese, French, Russian, Portuguese, Italian, Korean, Chinese (Simplified)
Minimum System Requirement: Windows 8, Direct X 9.1, 1 GB Ram
Architecture: x86, x64, ARM
- Epic campaign featuring 25 action packed levels with a brand new Halo story set just before the events of Halo 4.
- Command many of your favorite Halo weapons, vehicles, and armor abilities, and customize your Spartan to create the perfect Spartan warrior.
- Controls built for action and simplicity with virtual joysticks for touch and the added flexibility of keyboard and mouse control.
- Earn XP and unlock Emblems to enhance your Spartan Career in Halo 4.
- Complete weekly challenges for XP and compete against your friends in Leaderboards for ultimate bragging rights
Play cross-platform with users on both Windows 8 and Windows Phone.
Create games with players from around the world, or call out for a game to your friends.In a hurry? Pass and play with a friend or hone your skills by playing against yourself.Earn Xbox achievements and compete against friends for the top position in the leaderboard.Enjoy a skill match? The AlphaJax rating system provides lasting achievement as you progress up the leaderboards and means you are always guaranteed an enjoyable and challenging game.Please note, only English language and dictionary support at present time.
- Play puzzles on-line with friends or against random opponents.
- Earn Xbox achievements and compete against friends for the top position in the leaderboard.
- No need to wait for an opponent; play with a friend next to you, on the Pass & Play game mode.
- Succesful AlphaJaxers earn Elo rating for each victory. Can you reach a rating of 2,000?
- From the Rematch menu, you can start new games with any worthy opponents you played against.
- Learn from your past games by consulting any previously completed games.
Real pros, real gear, real FUN!
- Endless level design and randomized objects! Endless gameplay!
- Two different, ever-changing environments – The School and The Rooftops
- Play as pro skaters Danny Way, Sean Malto, Lyn-Z Adams Hawkins Pastrana, Christian Hosoi, and Ryan Decenzo!
- Discover hidden signature tricks!
- Upgradable stats to expand gameplay, combos, scores, and performance!
- Discover and master over 25 different grind, grab, spin, and flip tricks with endless combinations!
- Xbox achievements, leaderboards, and Gamerscore!
- New “Bank” feature allows you to push and pull game credit from the cloud, to and from all of your Windows 8 devices!
The popular Xbox 360 arcade game, Dorito’s Crash Course has now been ported to Windows 8 as an Xbox Game! It costs only $1.49, but there is a free trial available.
Description“Crash Course Go is the Windows 8 version of the highly successful game for XBOX Live, “Doritos Crash Course”. It’s about a game-show game like no other. Run, jump and swing your XBOX Live Avatar through a physics-based world and complete the courses as quickly as possible. Each trial is filled with over-the-top obstacles you must overcome to achieve the fastest time and compare it to your friends on Leaderboards!
It’s a TV Game Show The game takes place in an over-the-top TV game show with bright colors, studio lights, explosions, audience cheers and heckles. Animations and sound effects are over the top!
Rhythm and Momentum Your Avatar is alive under your thumb. Controlling your Avatar with a thumb stick feels natural and instinctive. The player doesn’t need to learn how to control their Avatar, it feels natural and responds in the way they expect; jump, bounce and climb from one obstacle to the next in one smooth rhythm.
Friendly Competition and Bragging Rights In Crash Course you race your Avatar and post your best time on each course. Then, see your course times on Leaderboards, and see the positions of your friends. If you are higher up the list, you can brag, if you are lower down the list, you have incentive to beat them.”
Winner of the Unlock Xbox competition and with over 4 million worldwide downloads, Doritos Crash Course arrives on Windows 8 to take its swift and intense levels on the go!
Play through 25 exciting platformer levels across 5 different locations
Control your XBOX Avatar in fast-paced, funny, obstacle courses
Compete against your friends and family to get the best time on the leaderboards!
Race along the original Doritos Crash Course tracks and also the ones introduced on Doritos Crash Cource City Lights
Play the way you want to! Beat your new records by either touch screen, keyboard or gamepad
By storing your progress on the cloud, you can continue playing Doritos Crash Course Go on your peferred Windows 8 device
Challenge yourself into collecting all achievements, medals and records on each one of the game levels
Download it here: Crash Course Go!
Microsoft is offering three Xbox LIVE games on Windows for free for a limited time! These games usually cost over three dollars, but they are free now. The offer does not seem to mention how long this deal will last, but if I were you, I would grab them right now, just to have it in my collection. Even if you don’t want to play those games at the moment, it is still a good idea to grab them. That way, when the games do become paid again, you can install, it for free because you will have owned it.
The three games are developed by Miniclip and are arcade based games. The games are Monster Island, iStunt 2, and Gravity Guy. They offer Xbox LIVE achievements, have Xbox leaderboard, and is fully integrated with your Xbox Gamertag. What are you waiting for? Go and grab them now!
Download them via the links below:
Greetings again! Today, let’s take a quick look at the state of the wave one of Xbox LIVE games on Windows 8. Microsoft has promised about 40 Xbox LIVE games to become available on Windows 8 in what they are calling the “first Wave”. Recall that Xbox LIVE games on Windows 8 are games that connect to the Xbox LIVE service and integrates with gamertags, gamerscore, achievements, leaderboards, and, optionally, multiplayer. Unlike games for the Xbox 360, multiplayer feature on Xbox games on Windows 8 does not require you to have a paid “Gold” account.
Microsoft didn’t promise that all of the 40 games would be available on the day of Windows 8 launch on October 26th, but they did tell us to expect them to be released slowly throughout and beyond the holiday season. We had few Xbox LIVE games for Windows 8 before the OS launched to the public, and even more arrived to make it to the October launch date. More have been coming in post launch. Let’s take a look at where we are today.
We are just over half way there, folks! At the time of this writing, we have 21 Xbox LIVE games available for Windows 8. Below is a list of all the Xbox LIVE games that have been announced. I have linked to the ones that where actually released. Those that are not hyper-linked are not yet released to the public. When they are released, though, we will blog about them in future posts. I will not go in detail of each of the games because that would be way too long for one post. Rather, clicking on the hyperlink should take you to the app listing page where you can read the descriptions, features, and view screenshots. We will try to cover some of the games individually in future blog posts, so stay tuned for those. For now, here is the list!
Xbox LIVE Games Available for Download
- 4 Elements II Special Edition
- Adera: Episode 1
- Angry Birds (Star Wars)
- Angry Birds Space
- Cut the Rope
- Fruit Ninja
- Gravity Guy
- Hydro Thunder Hurricane
- IloMilo (Plus)
- iStunt 2
- Jetpack Joyride
- Microsoft Mahjong
- Microsoft Minesweeper
- Microsoft Solitaire Collection
- Monster Island
- Pinball FX 2
- Reckless Racing Ultimate
- Rocket Riot 3D
- Shark Dash
Xbox LIVE Games Not Yet Released
- A World of Keflings
- Adera: Episode 2
- Adera: Episode 3
- Big Buck Hunter Pro
- BlazBlue Calamity Trigger
- Collateral Damage
- Crash Course GO
- Disney Fairies
- Dragon’s Lair
- Field & Stream Fishing
- Gunstringer: Dead Man Running
- Kinectimals Unleashed
- PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX
- Shuffle Party
- Skulls of the Shogun
- Team Crossword
- The Harvest HD
- Toy Soldiers Cold War
Well, there you have it. We hope to see the rest of the games to come along soon, but at the rate it is going, it will be a while. But nevertheless, let’s enjoy what we have now!
- ROLLER COASTER RACING. Fun, arcadey, over-the-top racing in 11 rich, beautifully themed interactive environments packed with shortcuts and surprises.
- ADRENALINE FUELD PHYSICS. Dynamic water physics delivers intense moment-to-moment gameplay on ever-changing, gorgeously rendered water-based tracks.
- ROCKET POWERED SPEEDBOATS. Master 20 classic and new rocket-powered speedboats with transforming boost engines, each with unique handling characteristics.
- FULL FEATURED EXPERIENCE. Classic arcade racing and a variety of all game modes including Gauntlet, Ring Master, and Championships.
- RACE AGAINST YOUR FRIENDS. Challenge yourself against your Friends’ best times in the all-new Ghost Race mode.
- RACE YOUR WAY. Control your speed boat with on screen touch, keyboard/mouse, Xbox Controller or tilt control on supporting devices.
- BECOME A TOP RACER. Earn Xbox Achievements and compete for top placement on the Leaderboards.
- Xbox games are rolling in to Windows 8. Today, we have two more Xbox games for you to enjoy on your PC. One of the neat things about Windows 8 is the Xbox LIVE integration. For the first time, Windows users will be able to enjoy what Xbox users have been able to enjoy for years. With leaderboards, achievements, and Xbox avatar, the entire Xbox experience now comes bundled in with Windows 8. Furthermore, users are able to play some Xbox games with others regardless of platforms; that is, users will be able to play with others a game even if one is on, say Windows 8 PC while the other is on Windows Phone.
This edition also includes six custom Windows 8 wallpapers and the complete original soundtrack in MP3 format.
Compare your progress with friends via leaderboards, and earn 200 Xbox Gamerscore points, and 20 challenging Achievements.
- Fascinating story, gorgeous art and backgrounds
- Hidden Object and Find the Difference puzzles
- 200 Xbox LIVE Gamerscore over 20 Achievements
- Track friends’ progress with Leaderboards
- Hours and hours of gameplay
- 6 exclusive Windows 8 wallpapers and complete game soundtrack in MP3 format
- Use touch or mouse/keyboard controls
- Multiple modes: casual and timed play
“”Toy Soldiers: Cold War does all of the work for you and makes those spectacular battles that you remember fighting on your bedroom floor as a child come to life.”” – Gamespot 8.5/10
“”Had we the ability to project our imagination into something real, I think the end result would have looked something like Toy Soldiers: Cold War.”” – Joystiq 4/5 star
- • NAPALM and EVIL EMPIRE campaign add-ons from the 360 version are included in the Windows 8 Touch Edition.
- • 17 Campaign levels , each with 5 levels of difficulty – Casual, Normal, Hard, Elite and General.
- • 5 Survival maps with 5 different modes provide endless waves of enemies; the ultimate test of your mettle on battlefield.
- • 8 unique Minigames – Dominate your friends’ scores on the leaderboards for each minigame!
- • 32 different usable turrets and vehicles – take control of any turret or vehicle to change the tide of the battle in your favor.
- • “Wavelist Rewind” checkpoints allow you to rewind the battle to replay a previous wave and destroy all of your foes.
- blinkbox (UK): blinkbox gives access to a wide range of movies online. With more than 10,000 movies titles movie fans can watch their favorite films immediately with no additional subscription required.
- iHeartRadio (U.S.): Listen to more than 800 of the nation’s most popular live broadcast radio stations from 150 U.S. cities with iHeartRadio.
- MSN Video (Australia, Canada, Germany, Italy, Mexico and UK): MSN brings you the latest breaking news, sports, celebrity gossip and more from around the globe.
- MSNBC.com (U.S.): MSNBC.com bring you the best of NBC News, MSNBC, Fox Sports, Access Hollywood, original programming and more, on-demand and up-to-date 24/7/365.
- MUZU.TV (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden and UK): MUZU.TV the music video site, offers nearly 80,000 music videos at your command. Brand new releases from the world’s biggest artists, great music videos from every decade, up and coming bands and the latest music news and interviews.
- Rogers On Demand (Canada): Rogers On Demand provides select TV shows and movies to everyone for FREE. Rogers customers can also catch up on their favorite premium programming anytime, from anywhere in Canada.
- SBS ON DEMAND (Australia): SBS ON DEMAND is a catch up TV service that lets you watch full episodes, of your favorite SBS television programs.
- TMZ (Canada, U.S.): Your all-access pass to the latest TMZ entertainment stories and breaking news videos everyone is talking about!
- RTVE (Spain): Complete episodes from series, news programs, documentaries and the best Spanish audiovisual content from RTVE.
- Verizon FiOS TV (U.S.): Get Verizon FiOS TV with 26 live channels like MTV, Spike, Food Network, Comedy Central, HBO, CNN and Nickelodeon – with more to come. Plus with Kinect, change channels with your voice.
- YouTube (Available in 24 countries globally**): From your favorite web original video to gaming tips, a universe of compelling content is available through YouTube on Xbox LIVE.
I am especially excited about the YouTube app! I had been dying to see YouTube videos on my 360. I will give it a try once I get home tonight. It seems as though UK is also lucky, as they seem to be able to watch thousands of movies for no additional subscription costs! I am not a cable subscriber, but if you are a Verizon FiOS TV customer, you may also find these new apps compelling.