Windows 8 features the Sticky Notes app from Windows 7, but it’s outdated and doesn’t integrate with Metro and the Live Tiles. No fear, as we have a solution for you in the Windows Store. Sticky Tiles lets you place quick stick notes of various colors on your start screen for a quick reminder. You can add as many colorful notes you want to your Start screen, with each tiles either large or small.
Post Notes, To Do Lists, Reminders etc. as Tiles on your Start Screen. Then, you can just glance at the tiles to get the information you care about in one place.Choose a size, Select a type, Pick a color, Jot down the data, Pin!
Rearrange, Resize, Group, Unpin the Sticky Tiles just like the other App Tiles on Start Screen.
- 2 Tile sizes
- 2 Tile types
- 6 Tile colors
Apple’s WWDC coverage will be discussed live by Chris Pirillo. Tune in with us and enjoy the unveiling of iOS6, OSX Mountain Lion, and More!
Major Nelson, in his blog, announced that more apps will be coming to the Xbox 360!. In his tweet, he also mentions that YouTube will be one such apps. Here’s the list of the apps that are coming:
- blinkbox (UK): blinkbox gives access to a wide range of movies online. With more than 10,000 movies titles movie fans can watch their favorite films immediately with no additional subscription required.
- iHeartRadio (U.S.): Listen to more than 800 of the nation’s most popular live broadcast radio stations from 150 U.S. cities with iHeartRadio.
- MSN Video (Australia, Canada, Germany, Italy, Mexico and UK): MSN brings you the latest breaking news, sports, celebrity gossip and more from around the globe.
- MSNBC.com (U.S.): MSNBC.com bring you the best of NBC News, MSNBC, Fox Sports, Access Hollywood, original programming and more, on-demand and up-to-date 24/7/365.
- MUZU.TV (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden and UK): MUZU.TV the music video site, offers nearly 80,000 music videos at your command. Brand new releases from the world’s biggest artists, great music videos from every decade, up and coming bands and the latest music news and interviews.
- Rogers On Demand (Canada): Rogers On Demand provides select TV shows and movies to everyone for FREE. Rogers customers can also catch up on their favorite premium programming anytime, from anywhere in Canada.
- SBS ON DEMAND (Australia): SBS ON DEMAND is a catch up TV service that lets you watch full episodes, of your favorite SBS television programs.
- TMZ (Canada, U.S.): Your all-access pass to the latest TMZ entertainment stories and breaking news videos everyone is talking about!
- RTVE (Spain): Complete episodes from series, news programs, documentaries and the best Spanish audiovisual content from RTVE.
- Verizon FiOS TV (U.S.): Get Verizon FiOS TV with 26 live channels like MTV, Spike, Food Network, Comedy Central, HBO, CNN and Nickelodeon – with more to come. Plus with Kinect, change channels with your voice.
- YouTube (Available in 24 countries globally**): From your favorite web original video to gaming tips, a universe of compelling content is available through YouTube on Xbox LIVE.
I am especially excited about the YouTube app! I had been dying to see YouTube videos on my 360. I will give it a try once I get home tonight. It seems as though UK is also lucky, as they seem to be able to watch thousands of movies for no additional subscription costs! I am not a cable subscriber, but if you are a Verizon FiOS TV customer, you may also find these new apps compelling.
As promised, Apple has made the Mac App Store live for all Mac OS X Snow Leopard users. The Mac App Store is now live and breathing with over thousand Apps. You need to execute the Software Update in your Mac OS X Snow Leopard based Mac. That will show up the Mac OS X 10.6.6 update packing Mac App Store along with couple of bug fixes in it. Alternatively, the Mac OS X 10.6.6 can be downloaded on your Mac directly by clicking here. Then do the needful – update your Snow Leopard and restart the Mac.
Speaking in simpler terms, Mac App Store to Mac OS X based Mac is what App Store is to iOS based iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. The Mac App Store will include both and free apps in variety of categories. Here’s a good part – you can use existing iTunes account to purchase the Apps from the Mac App Store. Of course all those region related limitations are bound to follow. For instance, the particular may not be visible to countries where iTunes or App Store doesn’t intend to sell it.
Looks wise, Mac App Store logo carries the blueish color shade and is perfect mash-up of App Store symbol and iTunes 10 colors. The Mac App Store interface is very similar to iTunes. Inside the Mac App Store, you’ll find all variety of Apps from different categories like News, Business, Entertainment, Social Networking and so on. Apple will also sell its own programs/applications like the iWork Suite apps and iLife Apps through the Mac App Store. Purchasing, downloading and installing apps would be just matter of clicks. The Mac App Store will keep track of free updates released for your purchased or free installed Mac Apps.
Stay tuned for hands-on with the Mac App Store and some of the new apps available, including the New Twitter App and Angry Birds.